Modern Day Magi

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. - Ecclesiastes 12:13-14............. Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. - Acts 17:11

Friday, January 20, 2006

Acting on Proverbs 25:2

Proverbs 25:2 says that "It is the glory of God to conceal a matter [but] to search out a matter is the glory of kings."
So in the spirit of this verse I am about to undertake probably the most difficult task I have to date. Though I have been a christian for most of my life (I am now 23) there are still bits of the New Teastament I have not read.
To remedy this, and so I can be on my way to making my 'One Trade' the bible, I am committing myself to a systematic look at the entire New Testament, from front to back. I expect that this will take me a long time so I may get sidetracked from time to time with other tid-bits of learning along the way. I will however try to limit these off task Blog entries to between books only.
I am not doing this in order to gain a 'kings glory' for myself, but rather to better understand the glory of God as it will be revealed to me through my study.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home