Modern Day Magi

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. - Ecclesiastes 12:13-14............. Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. - Acts 17:11

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Sermon on the Mount (Chuck Missler)

I looked at The Sermon on the Mount back in my posts:
Matthew chapter 5 (Sermon on the mount # 1)
Matthew chapter 6 (Sermon on the mount # 2)
Matthew chapter 7 (sermon on the mount # 3)

I do not expect anyone to go back and read them but if you would like to I have provided the links.

Here is a link to an article by Chuck Missler, who cofounded Koinonia House with his wife Nancy, which addresses the The Sermon on the Mount as a whole. Chuck is human and obviously his words are not scripture but I thought this article was worth linking to. The article is only short and takes about 5 minutes to read. The end of this article is an advertisment for one of Chuck's resources which I am not advertising (it just happens to be at the end of the article), I wont be purchasing it but I should mention it before you go there.

Ultimately we should be like the "Bereans [who] were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what [was] said was true." - Acts 17:11

"[The] first 16 verses of Matthew 5 describe the true Christian and deal with character. The rest of the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5, 6, and 7) deals with the conduct that grows out of character. Character always comes before conduct, because what we are determines what we do...Does the Christian need to ''keep the Law''? The fact of the matter is that the Law is still a standard: it reveals to me that I cannot measure up to God’s standard. This drives me to the cross of Christ. The only way I can fulfill the Law is by accepting the only One who could fulfill it - Jesus Christ."
- Chuck Missler

See also Changing Our Mind(set) by Gordon Cloud and Attitudes of Being by Joe for a great look at the begining of this wonderful Sermon and the be-attitudes of Christian character.

3 Comments:

  • At 5/03/2006 02:21:00 pm, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said…

    I love the Sermon on the Mount, thanks for sharing it again, I have read it so many times and each time I come away with something new, I am so blessed each time I read His word and He speaks to me.

     
  • At 5/03/2006 11:08:00 pm, Blogger Joe said…

    I enjoy Missler on my way to work each weekday morning. He has some excellent material.

     
  • At 5/04/2006 10:33:00 am, Blogger Modern Day Magi said…

    We dont get him on radio in Australia but I do own a few of his resources. Learn The Bible in 24 hours is especially good at addressing the Bible as a whole, even though it is a very brief time frame to do so.

    MDM

     

Post a Comment

<< Home