Modern Day Magi

Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil. - Ecclesiastes 12:13-14............. Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. - Acts 17:11

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This, then, is how you should pray

If you have ever wondered how to pray and want to know how to practially apply the Lords Prayer to your prayer life. I suggest you visit Joe and read How Do We Do That?

Jesus said:
And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
This, then, is how you should pray:

'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.'
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

7 Comments:

  • At 5/10/2006 09:34:00 pm, Blogger Joe said…

    You are so kind! Thanks for the "plug."

     
  • At 5/11/2006 12:47:00 pm, Blogger M. C. Pearson said…

    I absolutely love this prayer. I'll go see Joe now...

     
  • At 5/11/2006 08:42:00 pm, Blogger Michael Pendleton said…

    I too need this. I too need to go read Joe again. I too need Jesus to show me how to pray.

     
  • At 5/12/2006 12:00:00 am, Blogger Andii said…

    How about checking out this site: it's dedicated to the Lord's prayer and ways of praying it ....
    http://abbeynous.schtuff.com/

     
  • At 5/12/2006 09:34:00 pm, Blogger Chris Ross said…

    Hi Magi,

    "... There is no end to the making of many books [blogs], and much study is exhausting to the body."
    - Ecclesiastes 12:12b

    I'm sorry to have to report that I am shutting down my blog, "Jesus Isn't Cool", as of today.

    The number one reason is I just don't have the time needed to maintain it, with family, church and academic duties. I should have realized this two weeks ago when I started, but well, I can be rather thick-headed.

    Thanks much for linking to me! Please update your site accordingly. Sorry for the sudden change. I'll continue my work on the Conventicle (theconventicle.blogspot.com), and will still visit MDM from time to time.

    I suppose this is a good time to urge you to take a second and reflect on everything you're involved in: Ask yourself if it's all necessary, or if perhaps the Lord would have you simplify somehow. I assume you're a better planner than me, but it can't hurt to reflect on such things from time to time.

    See you around cyberspace! Keep up the good blogging. God bless,

     
  • At 5/13/2006 10:40:00 am, Blogger Modern Day Magi said…

    Doh' I really enjoyed the posts I read at "Jesus isn't cool".

    Time management is a problem for me too. However this blog has really helped me focus on the Word and has kept me in it and thinking about it and discussing it. This blog and others I find about God and His Word are a public forum where I am accountable to stick with it.

    Life gets really busy for me, a 2 year old, 6 month old and a wife as well as a part time job and full time university.

    In the past Reading and meditating on the Word has been too easy to skip as only I (and God) know when I dont read it. Now I am Blogging, although you guys (my readers, and the places I comment) probably dont keep track of how often I blog or comment it is a place where you are involved and that keeps be in the Word.

    Thanks to you all and I'll be back into Matthew hopefully tonight.

    MDM

    PS
    I have had a quick peruse of the blog and have added a link to The Conventicle.

     
  • At 5/13/2006 09:34:00 pm, Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said…

    I am going to go visit the site andii mentioned. just stopped in to see what's goin on!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home